We are collecting diapers and baby supplies for Samaritan House during the weeks of Lent. We welcome your donations!
Disciple Bible Study – New Testament
Announcement from Teacher Stephen Austin
If you haven’t been attending Disciple Bible Study and are interested in the study of the New Testament that will begin next month, here is information about it:
- Start Date (tentative): Sunday, Feb. 20 on Zoom at 12:30 pm.
- Books needed: Bible & Disciple: Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study (Study Manual), ISBN-10: 9780687783496
- You can purchase the Study Manual online. This site shows sites that sell it: https://dealoz.com/prod?gtin=09780687783496&query=13%3A%20978-0-687-78349-6&op=&op2=
- Home Study:
- Short Scripture Reading (You will receive a study Bible to use.)
- Brief notes in Study Manual
- Class Meetings:
- Short (boring) Lecture 🙂
- Humor and Fun
FEAST! Join us each Friday night at 5:15pm for food, faith, and fellowship.
You are invited to join the Book Club on Sunday, January 23, 4 pm on Zoom for a one-time discussion of the following book.
The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
Ana, a courageous, intelligent woman, marries Jesus long before his public ministry begins. Based on meticulous historical research, this novel is a humanizing look at Jesus the man, as well as an inspiring story of a strong woman living in a society bent on her silence.
If you’d like to take part in this one-time event, please RSVP to the church office.
Sunday, December 5, 9am to 12:30pm in the church hallway.
Buy gifts for family and friends while also supporting mission activities! There will be baked goods, crafts, plants, and more.
This Thanksgiving, there are three ways you can help provide meals to people in need:
- Donate a box (or 2!) of dry stuffing mix (goal: 100)
- Donate money for grocery store gift cards (goal: $8,000)
- Make Thanksgiving cards for recipients (pick up a kit)
Donations are accepted until November 14.
Supporting: CALL Primrose with 650 food boxes and Sylvia Cassell Elementary with 200 gift cards.
We will be celebrating All Saints’ Day on Sunday, October 31. We will be lighting candles for the loved ones in our lives who have died. If you have lost a loved one this past year, and would like their name read aloud during worship while a bell is rung, please email Pastor Ann – email@example.com – with their names. We look forward to honoring our loved ones together.
You are invited to join the Book Club on Sunday, October 24, 4 pm on Zoom.
Sparks Like Stars by Nadia Hashimi
An Afghan American woman returns to Kabul to learn the truth about her family and the tragedy that destroyed their lives in this brilliant and compelling novel.
Bold, illuminating, heartbreaking, yet hopeful, Sparks Like Stars is a story of home—of America and Afghanistan, tragedy and survival, reinvention and remembrance.
If you’d like to take part in this one-time event, please RSVP to Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.